Sunday, August 2, 2009

Zaanse Schans

We arrived at my cousin Nadia’s house just before lunch. They had just returned from a three week vacation, but miraculously they had all sorts of special Dutch goodies, just for us! She had little pancakes, waffle cookies, and for lunch we had my favourite, Kroket!

They have a six month old baby, Marissa, and a five year old daughter, Chiara. It was nice to hold such a small baby again, although I’m glad we are finished the other work that babies can be!

Although the day had started with rain, the afternoon was clear and we decided to go to the Zaanse Schans, which is an area with many windmills and some shops and old houses that are almost a living museum.

Of course, outside the wooden shoe shop there were large wooden shoes. We couldn’t resist a picture. I think I have a similar photo from when I was 15 years old and visiting Holland.


We had a great visit with Nadia and the family. Again the girls are sad to have to say goodbye. But now they are dreaming of coming home.
Just one more day until we see our family and friends back home again.
CM

No comments: