Saturday, June 6, 2009

Brasov

We walked into town this morning. The walk to the main square was quite pretty, especially as we approached the downtown area.


We stopped at the information centre and found where a bookstore was, information on accommodation, and city tourist attractions. We settled on new accommodations. Our new place is less expensive and closer to the walking street and park.


We went around the corner from the main square to find a bookstore and Yasmin was so pleased to find an English books section that even had some for her age. She has finished the Harry Potter series and a number of other books that we had with us. Keeping this kid in reading material is expensive!

We then went browsing through the shops on the pedestrian street. I found a few shoe shops and couldn’t resist. For those of you who know how many black shoes I have, you’ll not be surprised to find that I added another pair to my collection. I also bought a red pair because I couldn’t resist. Shoes are my weakness.

Our new place doesn’t have a kitchen so we’ll be eating out a bit. This isn’t such a bad thing with the many great restaurants with patio seating.
CM

No comments: