Sunday, March 29, 2009

Karanji Lake

We visited a large park this morning. It was nice to leave behind Mysore’s noise and traffic and enjoy some time with nature. There was a play area for kids, so Yasmin and Roya enjoyed themselves there for a bit while Nadim and I sat on a bench and had some chai, plotting and planning various aspects of our trip. I thought it was kind of interesting to watch the daily life in the park. They had a cart and some oxen that they were using for clearing rubbish. They paint their horns here so they look pretty colourful.

While we were sitting there, a couple with a little baby came up to us and placed their baby between Nadim and me and stood back to take a picture. I thought it was kind of funny. Later we went into a bird sanctuary where we saw beautiful peacocks and other interesting birds, but once again, we seemed to be the attraction and off floating somewhere in the electronic universe is another picture of Nadim and me and the girls with a family we don’t know, but we’re all smiling! I wonder what they will tell their friends... “Hey, we went to the bird sanctuary and we saw some foreigners there...”

We walked to the far end of the park to see a butterfly garden, but it wasn’t too impressive. There were a few butterflies, but not too many varieties. Ah well, the garden was on a little island with lots of flowers and we enjoyed the scenery.

This evening we’re getting together with our Baha’i friends one last time. We’re having a potluck dinner and Nadim and I are responsible for tea and dessert. I think we’re getting off pretty easy this time!
CM


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yasmin & Roya! You look like you are getting very tall...I think that you guys have grown a lot since you left last September.

What a lovely park in the background. The snow is off our front lawn now. But it'll still be a while before anything is green like that here.

XOXO
Aunt Lisa

Unknown said...

Hi Aunt Lisa,

We don't recognize us getting taller, but I'm sure we are.

I'm finished the 6th book of Harry Potter. (Yasmin)

I am finished the fourth book and yesterday I started the fifth book. (Roya)

Love,
Yasmin & Roya