Thursday, April 23, 2009

At Home in Ireland

Last night the girls went upstairs and just when we thought things were getting mysteriously quiet, they re-emerged in all their finery! They were so pleased with themselves. It reminded me of when I was a girl of about their age and Elizabeth would dress me, my sisters, and my cousins in all sorts of fun getups.

Today was a slow day. We did our home schooling on a somewhat stretched-out schedule. Elizabeth’s friend Lori came for a late morning tea. She is originally from the United States. It was a little strange for us to hear North American accents in the house.

When Julia came home from school the girls helped me make chocolate chip cookies. They mixed with their freshly washed hands and made a fine mess! Sweets are my weakness so I’m as happy to eat them as the kids are.

CM
PS. Happy Birthday Lisa!

No comments: