Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Day Off

The flight from Goa was delayed last night so we didn’t get in to Bangalore until almost midnight and it was the wee hours of the morning before we settled into the Baha’i Centre. There was no electricity, or “current” as the Indians say and it was hot, so without the fan it was difficult to sleep. Eventually the power came back and we got some rest.
In the morning the girls said that since it was April 14th and we thought that it was perhaps a holiday in Goa that they should have a day off from school work. Usually I’m not such a push over, but I really didn’t feel like it either. So no school today!

We had to return a movie that we had bought earlier because it was a DVD for this region and didn’t work properly on our computer. Surprisingly they exchanged it without a fuss so we were happy. While at the shopping centre Nadim went into a leather shop. He came away with a jacket and new briefcase! Leather is relatively cheap here in comparison to home.

I also didn’t come away empty handed. There was a really beautiful Punjabi that I bought. It’s not something that I would wear in Canada, but I think I can modify the shirt so that I can wear it when we return.
Now we’re back in our rooms and the girls are happy to simply play. They were pretending that they were shopping for gifts for their friends while we were out and now they seem to have escaped to a make believe world again. Their imaginations are always so entertaining for both them and us!

CM

No comments: